Welcome to The Walt Disney Studios Licensing Website

All requests to license Disney’s intellectual property must be submitted directly to the individuals and departments listed in the FAQ’s below, relative to the specific property being requested.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do you have a comprehensive list of the assets that are available for licensing?

Unfortunately, we do not have a comprehensive list of our productions that we can provide to the general public.

Who do I contact to request permission to use Disney intellectual property for non-commercial uses such as hand-made artwork, clothing, themed private parties, student projects, stage shows, etc.?

These requests are handled by the Disney Legal Department on behalf of Disney Enterprises, Inc.  Inquiries are processed in the order in which they are received.  Due to the high volume of requests we receive, it can take up to eight (8) weeks before receiving a response. Thank you again for contacting the Walt Disney Company/Disney Enterprises, Inc.

To submit your request, click here.

Who do I contact to license television and motion picture content from the Disney and ABC libraries?

Walt Disney Television (1955-1984) and Motion Picture Studios content
Paula Potter, Director
Legal Affairs, Rights Administration
Ph: (818) 560-3224
Fx: (818) 569-3333

The Walt Disney Studios Clip & Still Licensing Online Submission Form may only be used to request still images and clips, posters, dialogue, props and other thematic elements for use in moving productions from Disney’s vintage cartoon content, television content (pre-1984) and all motion picture clips released under the Walt Disney Pictures, Touchstone Pictures, Hollywood Pictures and Pixar Animation Studios banners.

Please click here for the Online Submission Form.

Disney/ABC Domestic Television
Lisa Ramati
Paralegal Specialist
Ph: (818) 460-6553

ABC Daytime
Lisa Gagliardi
Director, Business Affairs
Ph: (212) 456-7492
Fx: (212) 456-6328

ABC Signature
(Current Programming – Promotional Footage)
Gloria Stabolito
Ph: (818) 460-5055
Fx: (818) 460-6658

(ABC Library – Post 1985)
Dan Kilgore
Vice President, Legal Affairs
Ph: (818) 460-6387

ABC Primetime Reality and ABC Touchstone (SCHOOLHOUSE ROCKS!)
Lisa Koes
Principal Counsel, ABC Entertainment & Marketing

Jack O’Mara
Paralegal, ABC Entertainment

ABC News

ABC News Videosource Stock Footage Library
Ph: (818) 460-5972
Fx: (818) 460-5274

KABC-TV (Los Angeles)
Ruth House
News Business Operations Supervisor
Ph: (818) 863-7223

What will it cost to license a clip or still from Disney Studios Licensing?

Licensing costs vary depending on the media, term, and territory rights required for your project.
To obtain a quote, please fill out this form.

Can I make changes to the clip or still?

Alterations or modifications to the film clips or stills are not permitted without the express written consent of Disney Studios Licensing.

Can I use a film clip and/or still on my website?

We will consider requests for website use on a case-by-case basis, depending on the context in which the content will be used and other factors.

Do I have to clear the actors in the film clips and still images that I license?

Certain film clip re-use payments may be triggered relative to talent, stunt performers, writers, directors and musicians, depending on when a film was released, in accordance with current guild collective bargaining agreements. Please contact the relevant Guilds to obtain additional information about such payments. You may also want to consider hiring a professional clearance service or clearance professional to assist you with obtaining any additional clearances and making any additional payments that may be necessary:

Screen Actors Guild
Ph: (323) 954-1600

Writers Guild of America, West
Ph: (800) 548-4532

Directors Guild of America
Ph: (800) 421-4173

American Federation of Musicians
Ph: (323) 460-5401
Fx: (323) 461-5409

Do all stunt performers have to be cleared and paid?

Stunt performers must be cleared and paid, even when they are not seen. The best way to identify stunt performers is to contact the film’s Stunt Coordinator. The Screen Actors Guild can assist you with locating the Stunt Coordinator on a particular film so that each stunt player in the scene can be identified.

What rights are included in the license?

When you license a film clip, still image, sound bite, screenplay excerpt, thematic element, or poster, our license will cover use of the licensed content for the media, term, and territory to which both parties have agreed, for a negotiated fee. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the license will require the licensee to indemnify Disney, its agents , employees, representatives, affiliates, parent and subsidiary corporations, and to hold Disney harmless from any and all loss, cost, damage, liability and expense, including attorneys’ fees arising out of any claim whatsoever, in connection with the licensee’s use of the licensed content. The licensee will be responsible for obtaining all waivers, permissions or approvals from the WGA, DGA, SAG, AFTRA, and the American Federation of Musicians and will pay all re-use fees required by applicable collective bargaining agreements or individual agreements or as otherwise required by law. The licensee will also assume responsibility for all laboratory or other actual costs which may arise in connection with providing the licensed content.

Is the music included in the Film Clip License?

No. To license music from a clip, please contact Disney Music Publishing as noted above.

Who do I contact to license content from 20th Century productions?

20th Century Studios/Twentieth Century Fox/Twentieth Century Fox Television/Searchlight/FX
Andy Bandit, Director
Trinh Dang, Senior Rights Administrator
Legal Affairs, Rights Administration

Who do I contact to license content from Lucasfilm Ltd?

Lucasfilm Ltd.

Lucasfilm manages the rights to films, television shows, and documentaries based on the Star Wars saga and the Indiana Jones trilogy, as well as Tucker: The Man and His Dream and Willow.  Requests related to those properties should be directed to:

Christopher Holm
Ph: (415) 623-1938

Who do I contact to license content from Marvel Films?

Marvel Studios manages the rights to all Marvel Studios produced films only. Iron Man 2008 thru the present slate of films.
Request must be sent in writing only to: permissions@marvel.com

Who do I contact to request permission to use Marvel intellectual property for commercial and non-commercial use (including comic books, animated television shows and how to become a licensee).
All requests must be submitted in writing to: permissions@marvel.com

Due to the high volume of requests, it can take several weeks for a response.

Who do I contact to license content from Miramax Films or Dimension Films?

We are no longer affiliated with Miramax Films or Dimension Films.
Please contact Visual Icon as they exclusively manage clip licensing for Miramax and Dimension Films:

Visual Icon Clip Licensing
Sales and Customer Service
(310) 773-3250
or email requests to requests@visual-icon.com

Who do I contact to license content from ESPN or ABC Sports?

ESPN & ABC Sports Library
Mike Cocchi, Director
Renee Clift, Luke Macomber, Mgrs.
ESPN Content Rights Management
860/766-7827 (Mike); 4832 (Renee);
6349 (Luke)

Who do I contact to request permission to use Disney Television Animation intellectual property for commercial and non-commercial use?

Disney Television Animation


This inbox does not accept requests regarding intellectual property originating from Walt Disney Animation Studios, 20th Century Studios, Fox, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, or any Disney division other than Disney Television Animation.

This inbox does not accept requests regarding the creation or manufacture of artwork or consumer goods featuring intellectual property owned by The Walt Disney Company. No response will be given for requests of this nature. Instead, please see the links to Disney Consumer Products on the main page.

Please note that all requests regarding intellectual property from Disney Television Animation must be submitted in writing to the email address below. Due to the high volume of requests, it can take several weeks for a response.


Who do I contact to license excerpts from Disney Channel/Disney XD/Disney Junior productions?

Disney Channel/Disney XD/Disney Junior
David Kraczek
Associate Principal Counsel – ABC Cable Networks Group

Anthony Benitez
Senior Paralegal – Corporate Administration

Who do I contact to license Disney Music?

Disney Music Publishing
(Live Performance, Lyric Reprint, Arrangements, Misc.)

Walt Disney Music Co.
(Mechanical, Master Use & Synchronization Licensing)
Please submit inquiries to: musicpublishing@disney.com
Note in the subject line: DISNEY MUSIC USE INQUIRY
Make sure to include contact name and phone number.

Who do I contact to license footage of Disney Theme Parks?

Walt Disney World Resort
Please note in the subject line: “Walt Disney World Footage Inquiry” and include contact name and phone number.

Disneyland Resort
Alison Bowman
Business Operations Director
Ph: (818) 544-1363
Fx: (818) 260-8873

How do I get a copy of an episode of a Disney Television Program or a motion picture?

Due to the volume of requests that we receive, we are unable to accommodate individual requests for copies of our motion picture.

Viewers can purchase personal DVD copies of some ABC News programming at http://abcnewsstore.go.com/DVDList.aspx. There is also information on this page that provides licensing guidance to educational and training institutions.

Who do I contact to license dramatic rights for a Disney stage musical?

Disney Theatrical Licensing

Musical Theatre International
MTIShows.com | (212) 541 4684

Music Theatre International (MTI) is the dramatic licensing agency though which Disney licenses performance rights for available stage titles. MTI provides everything you need to produce a Disney musical, including the ONLY authorized materials for rehearsals and performances. Dramatic licensing fees cover artist royalties, material rentals and a security deposit for lost or damaged materials. Rates are determined by a number of factors including the size of your audience, ticket prices, and other variable information.

How do I show a Walt Disney Pictures, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, Pixar Animation Studios Touchstone Pictures or Hollywood Pictures film to my group or organization?

All requests to screen our films in their entirety in a non-theatrical setting at churches, clubs, public schools (pre-schools and kindergarten through twelfth grade), camps, libraries, business and service organizations, parks, art museums, film societies, and similar organization are handled by our authorized agent, Swank Motion Pictures. Please be advised that Swank handles licensing for public schools (K-12), both title-by-title and for blanket licensing on a yearly basis:

Swank Motion Pictures
Ph: (800) 876-5577
Fx: (314) 289-2192

For international inquiries regarding Public Performance of Motion Pictures in their entirety, please contact our agents and they will guide to you to the correct license:

Filmbankmedia Limited
1st Floor, 67-74 Saffron Hill
London, UK EC1N 8QX
Ph: +44 (0)20 7984 5957

Motion Picture Licensing Corporation, Ltd.
MPLC House, 22-24 Gildredge Road
Eastbourne, East Sussex UK BN21 4SA
Ph: +44 (0)1323 649 647
US: (866) 552-6752

Park Circus
15 Woodside Crescent
Glasgow, UK G3 7UL
Ph: +44 (0)141 332 2175

How do I submit a story idea or other creative material to Disney?

It is our Company’s policy not to accept unsolicited submissions of creative material, including, but not limited to, scripts, artwork, and product prototypes.